| Photo Source: threads.com. |
Today, I take a look at the "Most Wanted" Bandido, currently in his second reign as Ring of Honor World Champion.
HT: 5-7 WT: 211
Promotion: ROH/AEW
Credentials:
ROH World Champion (2x, current)
AEW Tag Team Champion (1)
AEW Trios Champion (1)
Strengths:
-Well-rounded wrestler
-Stronger than he appears
-Very good ring awareness
-Extremely agile and athletic
-Charismatic
-Strong connection with the fans
Weaknesses:
-Too much celebrating at times
-Not the biggest wrestler
-Mic skills/promos could be better
Final Analysis:
Bandido is a well-rounded wrestler who displays a combination of technical wrestling, strength, high risk moves, striking, and can wrestle hardcore style when he wants to. One of the things that really stands out to me is his strength; he's stronger than he looks. He has very good awareness of where he is in the ring. He has freakish agility and athleticism, and he's a fan favorite.
While his charisma is one of his strong points, the downside to it is he can get carried away with it (i.e., the excessive dancing/celebrating), and it gives his opponents more time to recover. His lack of size can be taken advantage of by bigger wrestlers. Although the crowd engagement makes up for some of it, I think his mic skills and promos could be better.
Bandido is one of the biggest fan favorites in ROH and AEW. In my opinion, he's closest I've seen to Eddie Guerrero in terms of in-ring versatility and charisma. The only differences I see is Eddie also used submission moves when he wanted to--I don't see Bandido use submission moves often--and Eddie was better on the mic. It probably won't be any time soon, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him one day become AEW World Champion.
No comments:
Post a Comment