Monday, August 3, 2026

Case File No. 50: Maya World

 

Photo Source: wrestlinginc.com.

It has been three years since I started my Eye for Talent page, and I didn't even realize it until I went back and looked at my very first post recently. Not only that, this post marks the 50th athlete I've covered since starting this page, and looking at what she's accomplished lately, I think it's fitting that I take a look at the file of TBS Champion, Maya World.


HT: 5-4

Promotion: AEW/ROH

Credentials:

AEW TBS Champion 

Strengths:
-Vastly improving
-Adaptable
-Jack-of-all-trades, for the most part
-Has good crowd engagement

Weaknesses:
-Undersized
-Sometimes lacks hustle in her movements


Final Analysis:
Maya is vastly improving as a performer overall. She still have a ways to go, but it looks like she's getting better every match. Seeing how she has handled recent adversity shows me that she can adapt to any situation, and I won't disclose it here, most people would've understood if she decided to take time off, but she chose to use it as a source of motivation.

She's a jack-of-all-trades, for the most part, in terms of her wrestling style. I see some brawling and striking, some high risk moves, along with some throws. I haven't seen her use submission moves very often. She gets a good reaction from the crowd when she appears and performs.

She's undersized--I saw a website that have her listed at 5-4, but she looks a little shorter than that--which can be an issue when facing bigger opponents, and she sometimes lacks hustle when moving in the ring. I understand one shouldn't go full throttle from start to finish, that's not what I'm saying, but she has moments where she looks as if she's going on a casual stroll when moving around in the ring. From what I've heard of her promos, she's okay, but I would like to hear her talk more to get a more thorough evaluation.

Maya has come a long way since I first saw her in the Indies and developmental promotions a couple of years ago. I can tell Athena has been working with her. She just needs to continue to get more experience in the ring and on the mic. Although Mercedes MonĂ© is her biggest inspiration for becoming a wrestler, I'm starting to see shades of Trish Stratus when I watch her in the ring, except Maya is slightly more athletic.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Case File No. 50: Maya World

  Photo Source: wrestlinginc.com . It has been three years since I started my Eye for Talent page, and I didn't even realize it until I ...